I was nominated by Steph @ Lost Purple Quill – thank you so much! I’m glad someone else in the book blogging world shares my obsession with pho and One Direction.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
7 Random Facts:
1. I worked at the Ben & Jerry’s factory – you know, the famous one where they do tours and you can visit the Flavor Graveyard and all that jazz – for six consecutive summers. That’s loosely where my blog title comes from – when I was studying abroad in Italy I needed to come up with a url for my study abroad blog, so I just took the translation of the Ben & Jerry’s slogan ‘peace, love, and ice cream’ (pace, amore, gelato) (which is my twitter and instagram handle)…. and then swapped ice cream for books for this blogging endeavor.
2. My favorite country I’ve been to as a tourist (so I’m excluding the US and Italy from this category) is Belgium. The fact that I went there in December and still loved it is a testament to how gorgeous it was, because usually I’m miserable going anywhere in the winter.
3. I’m obsessed with theatre – tragically there isn’t a very good theatre scene where I live right now, but whenever I’m in a big city I have to see at least two or three shows. My favorite musical is Les Miserables which I’ve seen somewhere around 12 times. Some other highlights of my theatre-going experience include A View From the Bridge (Broadway 2016), The Crucible (Broadway 2016), Fun Home (Broadway 2015), Merrily We Roll Along (London 2013), Skylight (Broadway 2015). I usually do the thing where I stand in line for a million hours first thing in the morning to get discounted tickets. In all kinds of weather. It’s been… interesting. But usually worth it.
4. I hate watching sports and I’m the least athletic person in the world, but the one huge exception is tennis. My dad teaches tennis for a living and I’ve been playing since I was three years old, so I love watching and playing it. My favorite player is Andy Murray.
5. I’ve been a vegetarian officially for a decade (and before that ate meat only very rarely) and I love it. I’m pretty healthy about it too, but I have such a weakness for bagels and pasta.
6. My favorite non-alcoholic beverage is black tea which I drink plain without milk or sugar, and my favorite alcoholic drink is a gin + tonic.
7. I don’t watch a lot of TV and films, but what I do watch is so nonsensical (and for the most part, extremely lame). I’m literally obsessed with the CBS reality series Survivor and have seen all 33 full seasons multiple times; I’m hooked on British soaps despite being American (Coronation Street is pretty much my favorite show ever); and I’m not a big movie person, but I’m obsessed with Colin Farrell and am slowly working my way through his filmography. In Bruges is my favorite film of all time (I worship at the altar of Martin McDonagh), probably followed by Capra’s It’s a Wonderful Life. There is no making sense of my taste in visual media.
10 is a lot. How about half that? Nominating:
Chelsea @ Spotlight on Stories
Ann @ Ann Reads Them
Zuky @ Zuky the Book Bum
Jessica @ An Introvert’s Adventures in Reading
Alienor @ Meet the Book World
Though obviously don’t feel like you have to do this if you don’t want to.