I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the lovely Mischenko at Read Rant Rock & Roll – thank you!!! If you don’t already follow her you absolutely should because she is super sweet and writes wonderful posts. This is my second Mystery Blogger Award – first is here.
How Does It Work:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Myself:
1. I’m someone who can put a book down at any point and tbh I don’t fully understand people who are such sticklers about needing to get to the end of the chapter. Like… what if it’s dinner time and you still have 30 pages left, do you just starve?? Do you never bring books with you to waiting rooms or places where you have a few minutes to read at a time?? Explain your ways to me??? (I guess YA lit tends to have shorter chapters, so maybe this is an adult lit thing?)
2. I don’t drink coffee but I do drink a ridiculous amount of tea.
3. When I ‘graduated’ elementary school (or whatever) I was voted ‘best handwriting’ in my class and it is a title I strive to live up to every day.
Five Questions from Mischenko:
1. Is there anything that you don’t enjoy about blogging?
Okay, so, 95% of the time I actually love writing reviews – I find it really helpful in getting my thoughts together and I just love talking about books. That remaining 5% are times when I read a book and I just don’t really have anything to say, where writing reviews is a bit like pulling teeth – and whenever this happens to me it always seems to be with ARCs, i.e., books that I actually need to review. So that’s always frustrating. But I guess enjoying myself 95% of the time isn’t too bad.
2. What’s your favorite season and why?
Summer – I’m not a massively outdoorsy person but I still love being outside when it’s warm, and I like doing things like kayaking and playing tennis outside. Also I love how green it is.
3. What’s one of your favorite reads this year so far?
The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne.
4. What do you love doing most: reading, watching movies &TV, listening to music, or something else?
This will come as a shock to everyone, but, reading. I mean… there is a reason I’m a book blog and not a film blog. I hardly ever watch tv or movies… and I listen to music when I’m driving (admittedly that is quite a lot as I have a super long commute) but that’s pretty much it.
5. What are you most afraid of?
Okay, I’m a weirdo, but my biggest fear is actually vomiting. I had a really traumatic experience with it when I was younger and have been emotionally scarred ever since. (Not even really joking lol.)
My Best Post:
Okay it may not be my ‘best’ but I am actually pretty proud of my Fancasts posts that I did for T5W last week.
I actually think I’m going to skip the nominations on awards that I’ve already done before, because I can never remember who I tag in these things anyway, and coming up with questions is hard. But if you want to answer Mischenko’s questions, consider yourself nominated!