- Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis ★★★★★ + review
- The Lesser Bohemians by Eimear McBride ★★★☆☆ + review
- Everything Here is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee ★★★★☆ + review
- The English Wife by Lauren Willig ★★★★☆ + review
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin ★★★☆☆ + review
- Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman ★★★★☆ + review
- Very Good Lives by JK Rowling ★★★★☆
- A Skull in Connemara by Martin McDonagh ★★★☆☆ + review
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn ★★★☆☆ + review
- milk and honey by Rupi Kaur ★☆☆☆☆ + mini review
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen ★★☆☆☆ + mini review
- Confessions by Kanae Minato ★★★★☆ + review
Best: Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
Runner up: Confessions by Kanae Minato
Worst: milk and honey by Rupi Kaur
DECEMBER TOTAL: 12
YEARLY TOTAL: 106
Only one 5 star book, but not a bad reading month overall! And definitely one of my more prolific months of reading – having time off work for the holidays certainly didn’t hurt.
I think I’m going to post a separate yearly wrap up, so I don’t have much more to say here, but here’s what I’m currently reading: Days Without End by Sebastian Barry (I really thought I was going to love this but it’s like pulling teeth, I have considered DNFing more than once but I think I’ll stick it out) and Elmet by Fiona Mozley (I barely started this but I think I’m going to like it).
I think I’m going to indulge my mood reading habits a bit more in the new year, so I can’t promise what I’m reading next. But I am doing a group read of The Game of Kings (the first book in the Lymond Chronicles) by Dorothy Dunnett in January with Chelsea, Steph, and Hadeer, so I’m looking forward to that!
What’s the best book you read in December? Comment and let me know!