I guess I don’t need to start this post with a personal life update, because this was a pretty dull month for me, and I don’t suppose you want to hear all about my car troubles. 😉 Anyway, it’s my birthday today and I am 26. I will probably go to the movies later or something of that sort, but first, a blog post. I had a really great reading month!
- Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah ★★★★☆ (review)
- Circe by Madeline Miller (ARC) ★★★☆☆ (review)
- By the Bog of Cats by Marina Carr ★★★★★ (review)
- Happiness by Aminatta Forna (ARC) ★★★☆☆ (review)
- Women & Power: A Manifesto by Mary Beard ★★★★★ (review)
- Medea by Christa Wolf ★★★★★ (review)
- Bury What We Cannot Take by Kirsten Chen (ARC) ★★★★☆ (review)
- Tin Man by Sarah Winman (ARC) ★★★★★ (review)
- Too Close to Breathe by Olivia Kiernan (ARC) ★★★★☆ (review)
- Asking For It by Louise O’Neill ★★★★★ (review)
- The Child Finder by Rene Denfield ★☆☆☆☆ (review)
- The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie ★★★★☆ (mini review)
Best: Asking For It by Louise O’Neill
Runner up: Tin Man by Sarah Winman, Medea by Christa Wolf, Women & Power by Mary Beard, By the Bog of Cats by Marina Carr. I can’t choose.
Worst: The Child Finder by Rene Denfield
MARCH TOTAL: 12
YEARLY TOTAL: 26
Currently Reading: Days Without End by Sebastian Barry (I will finish it in April if it kills me, which I think it might), Under the Harrow by Flynn Berry, audiobook (this has a lot of lukewarm reviews but I’m actually really enjoying it), Rainbirds by Clarissa Goenawan (I’ve literally read 2 pages so far).
How was everyone’s March and what’s the best book you read? Let me know!