- The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar ★★★☆☆
- The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson ★★★★☆
- Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson (audiobook) ★★☆☆☆
- Disobedience by Naomi Alderman ★★☆☆☆
- The Trojan Women by Euripides ★★★★★
- A Place For Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza ★★★☆☆
- From a Low and Quiet Sea by Donal Ryan ★★★★☆
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager ★★★☆☆
- On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan ★★★★★
- Bluets by Maggie Nelson ★★★☆☆
- Can You Hear Me? by Elena Varvello ★★★☆☆
- A Double Life by Flynn Berry ★★★★☆
- Whistle in the Dark by Emma Healey ★★☆☆☆
- Mary Rose by Geoffrey Girard (audiobook) ★★☆☆☆
- The Blood Miracles by Lisa McInerney ★★★★★
Best book of the month: On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
Other favorites: From a Low and Quiet Sea by Donal Ryan, The Blood Miracles by Lisa McInerney, The Trojan Women by Euripides, The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson
JUNE TOTAL: 15
YEARLY TOTAL: 66
It was a pretty decent reading month! There were a handful of duds but also a lot that I ended up really loving.
Currently reading: Suicide Club by Rachel Heng, How to Be Both by Ali Smith
I think July is going to be an interesting reading month – I’m determined to read more classics than I have been recently, plus I have a planned buddy read of a Robin Hobb novel and also have a library hold for The Poppy War coming in soon, so it’s going to be a lot of classics and fantasy, apparently. And I’m not totally caught up with ARCs yet but I’m getting there, so I’m hoping to do quite a bit more mood reading than I have been recently, which is exciting!
What’s the best book you read in June? Comment and let me know!