How is July nearly over?! Anyway, it was a 4 star kind of reading month.
- Sadie by Courtney Summers ★★★★☆
- Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough ★★☆☆☆
- Suicide Club by Rachel Heng ★★☆☆☆
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare ★★★★☆
- Wave by Sonali Deraniyagala ★★★★☆
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara (audiobook) ★★★★☆
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis ★★★★☆
- How to Be Both by Ali Smith ★★★★☆
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang ★★★★★
- The White Book by Han Kang ★★★★☆
- Educated by Tara Westover (audiobook) ★★★☆☆
- The Water Cure by Sophie Mackintosh ★★★★☆
- The Madonna of the Mountains by Elise Valmorbida ★★★★☆
Favorite: The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
Runner up: How to Be Both by Ali Smith
Least favorite: Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough
JULY TOTAL: 13
YEARLY TOTAL: 79
My Goodreads challenge goal was 75, so yay!
Currently reading: Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy and My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh.
August is going to be a busy reading month – I have a lot of ARCs, planned buddy reads, and library holds coming in, plus I’d like to read a couple more Man Booker longlisters… wish me luck.
What’s the best book you guys read in July? Comment and let me know!