I feel like I blinked and the second half of June was over so I’m kind of scrambling to get this wrap up together, but… thankfully I didn’t read very much?
- The Fire Starters by Jan Carson ★★★★★ | review
- Devotion by Madeline Stevens ★★★★☆ | review
- We Went to the Woods by Caite Dolan-Leach ★★★★☆ | review
- Human Chain by Seamus Heaney ★★★★★ | review
- Country by Michael Hughes ★★★★☆ | review
- The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See ★★★☆☆ | review
- Constellations by Sinéad Gleeson ★★★★★ | review to come
Favorite & Honorable mention in no particular order: The Fire Starters by Jan Carson & Constellations by Sinéad Gleeson
Least favorite: The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See – but 3 stars isn’t bad!
JUNE TOTAL: 7
YEARLY TOTAL: 63
Also, I’m not going to make a whole post about this but since we’re halfway through the year, here are my top 5 books I’ve read so far in 2019:
*Not pictured: Maus by Art Spiegelman.
Other posts from this month:
- The Mid-Year Freak Out Book Tag 2019
- My review of On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
- Some of my favorite book blogs | part 2
- ARCS I need to read | part 4
- Some mini reviews
Nothing much – I’ve fallen behind on blogging again and particularly replying to comments and reading other people’s posts, but thankfully I have a whole week off work so I’m hoping to catch up soon!
Currently reading: The Granta Book of the Irish Short Story edited by Anne Enright, The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce (audiobook narrated by Colin Farrell), and Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb.
What was the best book you read in June? Comment and let me know!