Hi, I’m Rachel!
If you’re wondering what the heck my username is, it’s pronounced PAH-chay, a-MORE-ay, LEE-bree. Or just ‘peace, love, and books,’ if you prefer. It’s Italian.
Here are the basics:
- Book blogger
- Cat enthusiast
- Editorial Assistant at a children’s book publisher
- Book Depository affiliate
- B.A. in Italian Lit from Tulane University
- Has lived in: New Orleans, San Diego, Bologna Italy.
- Native English speaker; fluent-ish in Italian
- Proficient in French, Spanish, Latin
- Very basic German
I’ve been blogging since January 2017 and I’m having a blast. I read across most genres, but mainly read adult/literary fiction, and my three main niche interests tend to be Greek mythology, Irish lit, and East Asian fiction. All reviews are spoiler-free unless otherwise indicated. All publication dates and publishers/imprints listed are U.S.-based unless otherwise indicated.
Please note that while I am not in the habit of listing content warnings in my reviews (unless a book strikes me as particularly graphic), I am more than happy to answer specific questions about content/triggers in any book that I have read. If you’re comfortable doing so, don’t hesitate to get in touch in the comments section or via email.
More book related interests:
- adult fiction
- literary fiction
- greek tragedies
- historical fiction
Non-book related interests:
A few favorite books & plays:
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling
- The Iliad by Homer
- Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- A View from the Bridge by Arthur Miller
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- Oedipus the King by Sophocles
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
Come chat with me about books!