Hi, I’m Rachel!
If you’re wondering what the heck my username is, it’s pronounced PAH-chay, a-MORE-ay, LEE-bree. Or just ‘peace, love, and books,’ if you prefer.
Here are the basics:
- Book blogger
- Cat enthusiast
- Works in book distribution
- Netgalley member
- Goodreads addict – feel free to add me there
- B.A. in Italian Lit from Tulane University
- Has lived in: New Orleans, San Diego, Bologna Italy.
- Native English speaker; fluent-ish in Italian
- Proficient in French, Spanish, Latin
- Very basic German
I’ve been blogging since January 2017 and I’m having a blast. I read across most genres, but my three main niche interests tend to be Greek mythology, Irish lit, and East Asian fiction. All reviews are spoiler-free unless otherwise indicated.
More book related interests:
- adult fiction
- literary fiction
- greek tragedies
- historical fiction
Non-book related interests:
A few favorite books & plays:
- les miserables by victor hugo
- the harry potter series by jk rowling
- the iliad by homer
- of human bondage by w. somerset maugham
- never let me go by kazuo ishiguro
- a view from the bridge by arthur miller
- the awakening by kate chopin
- a little life by hanya yanagihara
- everything i never told you by celeste ng
- burial rites by hannah kent
- station eleven by emily st. john mandel
- oedipus the king by sophocles
- east of eden by john steinbeck
- the secret history by donna tartt
- the bell jar by sylvia plath
- jane eyre by charlotte bronte
- and then there were none by agatha christie
- the glorious heresies by lisa mcinerney
- pachinko by min jin lee
Interested in joining Book of the Month? Use my referral link!