1000 followers?! This is a milestone I honestly never thought that I would hit and I can’t quite believe that we’re here, but thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys are the best.
So, I’m going to do the done thing and host a giveaway!
GIVEAWAY: Win one of my top 10 books of 2018
I wanted to not only thank you guys for your support, but emphasize just how much I appreciate this support as a literary fiction blogger in a community that’s dominated by YA and romance. (Which isn’t to say that I dislike either of those things… as you’ll see, there’s a YA and a romance novel in the list of books below.) And I don’t mean to break out the tiny violin here, because believe me, I appreciate the friendships I’ve made here and the pleasant interactions I have every day much, much more than an arbitrary follower number, but having been in this game for a couple of years now, I do know that it’s tricky to build up a follower base when your reading taste deviates from the community norm.
All that to say, I wanted to say thank you by sharing some of my favorite books with you guys!
Full list of books with details and links to Book Depository, where you can read longer summaries is below. OR, if you’d like to read my thoughts on any of these in more detail, you can read my Best Books of 2018 post HERE.
- Milkman by Anna Burns | literary, Irish, Man Booker winner 2018, Women’s Prize longlister 2019
- Self-Portrait With Boy by Rachel Lyon | literary, American
- Conversations With Friends by Sally Rooney | literary, Irish
- Asking For It by Louise O’Neill | YA, Irish
- The Idiot by Elif Batuman | literary, Turkish-American, Women’s Prize shortlister 2018
- The Pisces by Melissa Broder | literary, American, Women’s Prize longlister 2019
- The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney** | literary, Irish, Women’s Prize winner 2016
- The Blood Miracles by Lisa McInerney | literary, Irish, sequel to The Glorious Heresies
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker | British, Women’s Prize longlister 2019
- Dopesick by Beth Macy | nonfiction, American
- Vita Nostra by Marina & Sergey Dyachenko, translated by Julia Hersey | adult SFF, Ukrainian
**I read this in 2017, but as The Blood Miracles is its sequel, I thought I’d offer The Glorious Heresies as an option as well. It’s not in the graphic because putting 5 on one row and 6 on the next felt like it was going to require too much math to manage on MS Paint, but it’s there in spirit.
So, that’s that; you can choose any one of those 11 books! (If by some miracle you’ve read all of them, or the thought of reading any of these causes you physical pain, you can pick something else – this is meant to be fun.)
- Fill out this rafflecopter form
- Must be 18 or older to enter or be able to provide parental permission
- Giveaway is open internationally as long as Book Depository ships to you
- Ends May 10, 2019 at 12:00 am EST
- There will be TWO winners
- If you leave a comment on this post, let me know which book you’d like! You can change your mind later. I’d just like to gauge interest.
- Here are my relevant links: @ Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram
- This giveaway is not affiliated with any of the authors or publishers listed above
Good luck! And thanks again for all of the support. Like I said, numbers aren’t everything, but all of the brilliant people I’ve met and conversations I’ve had on here over the past few years have meant the world.
EDIT: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Winners have been contacted – congrats to Laura and Shaz, and thanks to everyone who entered!